We are a privately owned corporation comprised of seasoned Canadian investors and a founder. Hoverlink is the first hovercraft transit service of its kind in North America.
We’ve spent 10+ years conducting extensive research and meeting with 300+ stakeholders – including all levels of government – to ensure Hoverlink’s feasibility and long-term success.
We are committed to making transit more seamless, accessible, fun and environmentally friendly, while boosting the Golden Horseshoe’s tourism, economy and overall quality of life.
We believe that we have a responsibility to operate our hovercraft transit system in a way that benefits the people, the planet and the economy. Hoverlink will save people valuable travel time and stress with our innovative solutions and amazing experiences.
We are also a rapid transportation solution focused on reducing greenhouse gas emissions through the use of efficient green technologies, building green infrastructure, supporting net zero initiatives and removing cars off the Greater Golden Horseshoe roadways. Essentially, we are building today for more sustainable communities tomorrow.
We will deliver on this responsibility by:
• Reducing the time tourists and commuters spend in traffic, giving them more time to enjoy the destination
• Giving friends and families more quality time together through faster, predictable and more reliable travel
• Encouraging people to travel between communities to enjoy the great attractions that their neighbouring communities have to offer
• Supporting homeowners that do not want to have to make the trade-off of a better and more affordable home or a shorter commute
• Opening experiential education opportunities for students and teachers to rich learning attractions including the world-famous Niagara Falls, Fort George, dozens of world class museums, science centres, art galleries, nature-based hiking trails and more
• Fostering cross-learning opportunities for university and college students easier travel between their homes and campuses.
• Reducing carbon emissions with the potential to serve up to 3M riders a year, helping to remove thousands of vehicles from busy highways and roads throughout the region. Furthermore, our hovercrafts are powered by extremely low-emission tier 3 engines that reduce 98% of carbon emissions and reduce airborne toxins — and we are constantly incorporating proven technology throughout our operations to minimize our environmental footprint.
• Helping to protect our shorelines and waterways with crafts that float on a cushion of air above the water and leave virtually no wake or wash
• Minimizing noise pollution for residents that live near highways or close to our facilities with quiet hovercrafts
• Working with communities to help implement environmental solutions for the continuing protection of the waterways and shorelines that we operate, and live, within
Chris is an accomplished entrepreneur and racing professional, with extensive experience supporting global marketing efforts for major Fortune 500 companies. His experience includes working with P&G, Walmart International, Disney, Universal/Alliance Atlantis, Nestle, Molson Breweries, Coors, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Formula 1, Suzuki Japan R&D team and Honda Canada. Chris also has an Earth Sciences degree from McMaster University, providing him with unparalleled knowledge in environmental issues, urban planning, infrastructure and transportation.
Michael is a Canadian sports legend, philanthropist and entrepreneur. His leadership skills stem from playing with the Argonauts for twelve seasons – where he was a three-time Grey Cup Champion – and has since won three more Grey Cups as a head coach and administrator. He is also a member of the distinguished Order of Ontario and recipient of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal. Currently the Argonauts GM and a motivational speaker, he is well-known for showing support for various entities across many Canadian communities.
Rob brings 25+ years as a Hovercraft Captain and Global Trainer for Griffon Hoverworks to the table. Coming from a lineage of hovercraft pilots, Rob also has extensive experience piloting hovercraft in various countries and environments.
Peter has advised Hoverlink since its inception over 10 years ago. He is a partner at Cass & Bishop Barristers & Solicitors, with expertise in both commercial and real estate law.
Steve comes with 31 years of Marine sector experience in the Royal Navy and the Oil industry working in telecommunications and part of an oil platform commissioning and decommissioning team. He has worked as Operations Director in the Marketing and Promotions industry with clients including Procter and Gamble and Suzuki.
Matthew is a chartered engineer with a wealth of experience, including 20+ years in diesel engine sales & marketing, and 16+ years at Griffon Hoverworks.
Craig has extensive digital marketing experience, which includes contributing to the global digital banking infrastructure at TD Bank, working as the VP of marketing strategy at RBC and as President of the Laurentian Bank of Ontario.
Eddie was a Partner & latterly General Counsel at the international law firm, Gowling WLG LLP. Eddie advised leading global businesses in the technology, outsourcing, financial services and insurance sectors. In addition to acting for clients in the UK and Canada he also represented clients in the EU, India, Dubai, Bermuda and the United States. Earlier in his career Eddie spent more than a decade in the insurance industry (including at Lloyd’s of London) advising on risk management, professional indemnity and general liability matters.
Doug has over 30+ years’ experience advising on governance, CEO leadership and lead marketing roles. His credentials include Executive Advisor with BDC, Chairman of the Board of Directors with Aprio Governance Information Software, Board Director with Coast Capital & Savings, Forum Chair with MacKay CEO Forums and Sr. VP, Marketing with Intrawest.
Scott is a Chief Financial Officer, bringing valuable experience in due diligence, governance, internal reporting structure and financial reporting.
Roberta has 30+ years of accounting and financial operations experience. With her CPA, CA designation, and extensive experience working for prominent accounting firms such as BDO Canada, Roberta brings a strong commitment to accuracy, due diligence, and responsiveness to the team.
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium totam reaperiam eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo.